Meet Las Vegas is delighted to announce our new partnership with national A/V Vendor, Production Resource Group (PRG). PRG is a leader in entertainment and event production specializing in wide-ranging solutions that help bring the world’s greatest creative visions to life, and now, those A/V dreams will come to fruition at MEET Las Vegas.
Friday, September 23, 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
On August 15 – 17, 500 catering chefs attended Catersource’s fifth annual Art of Catering Food Conference in Washington, DC. During the conference, chefs discussed new and different trends they are seeing in the industry. In case you weren’t able to take part in the conference and are curious about the food movement, we have put together the top three trends recognized by the chefs.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free diets are on the rise. Offering only one alternative item for those with special dietary needs will no longer suffice.
- Food stations should be thought of as another attendee interaction moment. Caterers should engage with the attendees to give knowledge on the food.
- The clod heart cut of beef is a great way to have a nice steak meal while being budget conscience.
BizBash has highlighted a few more trends discussed at the conference. Have you noticed any new food ideas in the last year? Share them in the comments below.
Thursday, August 18, 2016
As the presidential election draws near, you may be wondering how you can incorporate this significant moment in American history in one of your events. With the help of BizBash, we have come up with four great ways to channel the patriotic spirit into your election season parties:
- Hire a Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump impersonator to add some comic relief and make for fun photo opportunities. Check out Gigslad for some great entertainers.
- Personal profile silhouette photos in red, white and blue will make a nice presidential giveaway. Minted offers a service where attendees can upload any side-profile photo to create a custom artwork.
- Incorporate star, donkey and elephant shapes and strawberries and blueberries to add in that patriotic flare.
- Place life-size cutouts of past presidents througout the venue for attendees to interact with. Historical Cutouts has a variety of presidents for you to choose.
Are you planning an election season party this fall? Share some of your ideas and inspiration in the comments below – We would love to hear about them.
Thursday, July 21, 2016
On June 10-12, Edible Manhattan brought foodies and tech enthusiasts together for the Food Loves Tech expo at the Waterfront in New York City. The expo was created to highlight the intersection of food and technology using large-scale exhibits, immersive installations, leadership panels and multi-sensory dining experiences.
This year’s event featured advanced farming demos, 3-D food printing displays, “alt-protein” tasting stations, food-focused virtual reality and more.
The unique aspect of this event is that it brought together two separate audiences. Foodies and tech enthusiasts were able to meet, network and geek out over new innovations within their industries. The event served as a perfect example that industries can overlap and an event will still be a huge success.
Friday, July 15, 2016
“Google it,” has become a key phrase for everyone in this century, and it can be an event planners best friend when promoting an event. To assist you with your event promotion, we have come up with some key tips for utilizing Googe AdWords with the help of Marketing software provider, Attend:
- The ad should be linked to your event registration page, not the website homepage. You don’t want to make site visitors hunt down information on the event.
- Set up an account for your landing/registration page through Google AdWords in order to receive accurate stats on separate campaigns.
- When selecting keywords or phrases, keep it simple with very literal, direct words.
- Use a target keyword in the headline of your ad to pull the searchers attention to your link rather than a competitors.
If you need a little more assistance on what exactly Google Adwords does, Bizzabo has put together The Event Marketer’s Google AdWords Crash Course just for you. Share your experiences with Google AdWords promotion in the comments below.
Friday, July 1, 2016
Recently, Elit by Stolichnaya’s Vodka social media team used #fatherofthebride to promote their invitation-only event series during the month of June. The hashtag was trending on the web because the actual house from the movie Father of the Bride was for sale.
The team engraved Father of the Bride on a bottle of their finest vodka and took a picture of it with two martinis to correlate with their ‘Make Your Own Martini Bar’. Lauren Ryan, Elit by Stolichnaya’s Brand Manager stated that she saw an engagement level nearly triple what they usually see for a post.
With 150 million users, Instagram is one of the most prominent social media platforms today. Instagram’s users are constantly posting pictures of what they are doing while using hashtags. On occasion, a hashtag will trend and it is important that you take advantage of this moment to promote your brand.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Now that we are heading in to summer, attendees are yearning for a summer vacation. What better way to give them a vacation than through your event. Here are four ideas on how to bring summer to your event:
- Host an outdoor cocktail party with a fun in the sun theme.
- Have a workshop or meeting during a picnic in a park.
- Fireworks always scream summer so include it in the entertainment.
- Snow cone bars can bring out your guests’ inner kid on summer vacation.
MEET Las Vegas has been host to a slew of outdoor events to bring a little summer vacation to your attendees’ experience. Have you had a summer themed event? Share your event in the comments below.