- Do not feel the need to have a sit down meal for every course. Change things up by having a standing reception for a night or two.
- Bring in your own technology equipment if you own it. Why pay for something you already have?
- Make sure you know all costs before booking with your venue. Delivery, setup and post-event storage are just a few hidden costs the venue may impose on you.
- Do not print off your speaker presentations. Paper can get expensive so go digital with everything.
- It never hurts to ask for a deal. See if the venue can give you a break on staff room rates if you’re having a substantial amount of guests.
Meetings & Conventions has a list of Top 25 Cost-Cutting Tips to also reference when planning an event.
Do you have any other ideas to stay in budget? Share them with us in the comments below.